I was nominated a bit ago for the Liebster Award by Tiffany over at A Girl and her Passport. I had never heard of this, basically a blogger asks eleven questions of other blogs they enjoy and answers eleven questions from the person who nominated them. This is an award that provides the opportunity for the various bloggers to connect and broaden their pool of followers. It allows everyone to get to know each other better and lets one blog's readers find other awesome sites.
Here are Tiffany's questions for me:
1. Why did you start blogging? I started Gap Year Girl because I wanted a way to document my travels. I thought it could be like a digital travel journal, a place to store my favorite photos and memories.
2. What is your favorite vacation spot? St. John's in the U.S. Virgin Islands, it's not very populated or touristy, the locals are friendly, and the beaches are perfection.
3. What is the last book you read? Did you like? The Siege by Helen Dunmore. It's about a family in Leningrad during the siege held by the German army in World War II. I liked it, but didn't love it.
4. What is your favorite band? Pink Floyd.
5. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why? Either Koh Rong, Cambodia or somewhere near the Mediterranean.
6. What is your favorite blog post you wrote? My Last Day Teaching in Cambodia because I had the time of my life teaching in Cambodia.
7. Beach or pool? Beach everytime. A pool is nice if you can't get to the waves and sand and sea creatures, yet I prefer the former.
8. Are you a morning person or a night owl? I don't really know. Sometimes I get into a pattern and am a night owl for a while. But I don't mind waking up early and can get in that habit too.
9. What is your day job? Prospective student, freelance photographer, and receptionist.
10. What is the food you hate the most? Anything with mayonaise.
11. Tell us something completely random about yourself. I have a physical list of places I want to visit. It's quite long.
My questions for nominees:
1. What was the last place you traveled to?
2. Do you think you will still be blogging in 5 years? About the same things as now?
3. What is you favorite vegetable?
4. The one physical possession you couldn't live without?
5. Your best advice to other bloggers?
6. Would you rather travel someplace really hot or very cold?
7. How long have you been blogging?
8. Where have you traveled to that surprised you or overcame expectations?
9. Are you a coffee person?
10. How many languages can you speak?
11. Where is the next place you can't wait to visit?